Accreditation & Professional Certifications
- Mental Health Counsellor & Psychotherapist – Fully Accredited (MBACP & Registered) in the UK by the BACP (British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy). BACP regulate the standards required of Counsellors & Psychotherapists in the UK & registered with all major insurers in the UK.
- CBT Therapist – Fully Accredited & Recognised in the UK by the BABCP (British Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies). BABCP regulate the standards required of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy training & CBT Therapists.
- CFT Therapist – I am listed on the CFT Therapist Register. I have completed a Post Graduate Certificate (PG Cert) of CFT at Derby University, a one year super intensive course focused on the acquisition of advanced CFT skills. CFT is the cutting edge of CBT & as such, there are very few universities worldwide that offer this kind of advanced specialist training. At present there are estimated to be only 60 clinicians who hold this credential of expertise.
Therapist & Supervision Experience
- 14 years practice, 12,000 hours experience & over 2000 clients
- I provide Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Counselling, Psychotherapy, Compassion Focused Therapy, Supervision, Training & Life Coaching.
- Previous School Guidance Counsellor at High School Level and maintain current School Counsellor License in Hawaii, USA.
- Developed a more efficient model of CFT that often helps people achieve their therapy goals in 5 – 10 sessions as opposed to traditional CFT that can often go on for up to a year or more. The evidence is clear – clients who are likely to benefit from therapy are likely to do so sooner rather than later.
- CFT specific Supervision with various CFT Supervisors for 5 years.
- CBT specific Supervision in the NHS, & Private Practice for 10 years.
- Clinical Skills Lecturer, Tutor & Supervisor at the University of Reading where I trained and supervised trainee CBT Therapists & helped them to achieve accreditation by the BABCP.
- 5 years and over 5000 hours specifically providing CFT & CFT Supervision in the NHS, Imperial College, Westminster MIND & in Private Practice.
- Delivered CPD Training at multiple NHS away days on CBT & CFT.
- Co-Presented at previous BABCP Symposium on ‘Learning CFT from the inside out’.
- Delivered ‘Third Wave’ trainings in CBT (focused on CFT) at Westminster MIND.
- Pioneered one of the first CFT groups implemented in the NHS at SLAM (South London and the Maudsley Trust). Successfully facilitated 6 times.
- PG Certificate in Compassion Focused Therapy at Derby University (specialist training in CFT conducted over one academic year)
- Postgraduate Diploma (Master’s Degree Level) in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) at the University of Reading
- Master’s Degree in Counselling at Cambridge College, USA (Integrative Counselling including all major models of Counselling)
- Advanced Diploma (Post Master’s level) in Psychotherapy at Regents College (Existential Psychotherapy)
- Certificate in Online Counselling
- Bachelor’s Degree in Japanese at UMass Amherst, USA.
Please note that CBT and CFT services are offered to UK and European Clients only whereas CFC is available to clients worldwide. Private Insurance is accepted from all major UK insurers.
Please feel free to contact me today to set up a no pressure / no fee initial 25 minute consultation to see if working together could be helpful for you.